Tuesday, August 16, 2011

30 Day Challenge: Country Radio

I watched a short, cute TedTalk about trying something new for 30 days. (You can watch it here.. http://www.ted.com/talks/matt_cutts_try_something_new_for_30_days.html)

The idea is to think of something you've always wanted to do, and just do it everyday for 30 days. For instance, Matt decided to write a novel, and so every day, he would write a certain number of words.

Now, of course, I decided to make this project my own, so I decided to do something that I didn't want to do at all.

Those that know me well know that I'm not a huge fan of country music. Or even a regular-sized fan for that matter.

But I think one of the reasons I don't like it is that I've never given it much of a chance. So that's what I'm doing. 30 days of nothing but country radio (while I'm on the road). I'm currently on day number nine, and I haven't gone crazy yet.

In fact, there's been some positives. Fewer people are asking me for rides these days because they know what's up. On the opposite side of the coin, I think Jenn might dump me. Them's the breaks.

So yeah, give it a shot. Whether it's something you've always wanted to do, or something you think you might want to just give a chance, go for it. 30 days. You'll be glad you did.

No comments: