Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Zach's New Personality.

In my life, I try my best to be a kind person. May be not so much with my words, as I was born immediately sarcastic and maybe a tad critical, but at least with my actions. I mean, ridicule aside, I don't think I've ever truly yelled at a person with seriousness in my voice.

However, after watching a number of celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay's TV shows, I think that is going to change.

I've had the privilege of watching one of his older shows called Gordon Ramsay's Boiling Point on a "completely legal" website that a compadre of mine showed me, the name of which I can't mention merely because the site in question hasn't paid me for advertisement, and that just wouldn't be fair. I've always loved Gordon Ramsay. His shows such as Hell's Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares amaze me and have actually taught me quite about the food industry, whether it be cleanliness, how to prepare certain things, or just other lessons that can be applied in other areas of your life. And how has he come to be so well-respected and revered?

He yells. A lot.

Tell you what, you live through a Ramsay dinner service without being yelled at even once, you've done a hell of a job. But this is why he is so successful. He's got many restaurants, almost all of which have got Michelin Stars, and he is one of the most famous chefs out there. He is making millions. On this particular episode, he was opening his very first restaurant, simply called Gordon Ramsay, if I remember correctly. He seemed to have it out for a certain waiter, who made the grave error of wearing a blue bandaid on his finger. Now, I probably wouldn't have done this myself. It stands out more than a white or skin colored one, and probably isn't to appetizing when you are thinking about food. To the waiter's defence, he claimed they were the only ones he had, and he was in a rush. Ooooh, big mistake. The last thing Ramsay wants to hear are excuses. I learned that early on. He ripped on the pair youngster for what seems like minutes, I swear some tears were welling up. This guy was one mistake short of being sacked. For wearing the wrong color of bandaid.

So I'm turning over a new leaf. I figure if he is going to make millions, I may as well jump on the bandwagon. Everytime someone makes a mistake, even just a slip-up, I don't care if you leave your bedroom light on when you aren't in there. I'm gunna find you, and I'm gunna yell. And yell. And then I'll be rich. Foolproof isn't it? Let me know what you think. (Or maybe you shouldn't, anger might spew from my lips)



WHO LEFT CRUMBS ON THE COUNTER?!

No comments: